- 250 Channels and 20 Groups
- 70 W Low Band / 50 W VHF / 45 W UHF
- Low Band: 29.7 – 37 MHz; 37 – 50 MHz
- VHF: 148 – 174 MHz
- UHF: 450 – 490 MHz
- 7 Programmable Backlit Keys
- 8-Character Alphanumeric Display
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
• DTMF ANI
• CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• BCLO, BTLO and TOT Functions
• Status Quick Check
• Scan Options: Basic, Priority, Dual Watch
• Group Scan
• D-Sub 25 Pin Accessory Connector
• Water Shield Microphone Connector
• Public Address
• User-Selectable Tones
• Radio-to-Radio Cloning
Built for Durability
The one-piece die-cast enclosure doubles as its chassis, yielding extreme strength for resistance against shock and vibration and avoids over-heating.
Exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™)
Always know your connection status. Only Vertex Standard radios are designed to inform you when you and another ARTS™-equipped radio are within communication range. If out of range, your radio senses no signal has been received and beeps to alert you. A great solution to keep your workers coordinated.
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
Multi-Configurations For Dual-Band Capability
One VX-5500 Control Head and two RF Decks on different bands may be networked for dual-band operation. Low Band, VHF or UHF radios may be combined to meet complex communications requirements for multi-agency operations.
• Voice Inversion Encryption
• Rolling Code Encryption
• Voice Inversion Encryption and DTMF Paging
• MDC-1200® / GE-STAR® ANI Encode
When Safety Counts
As with all Vertex Standard mobile radios, the VX-5500 has built-in Emergency alert for enhanced driver safety. A panic button can be triggered by the front panel button to alert the dispatcher when problems arise.
In addition, the VX-5500 features an internal emergency microphone on the front panel so the driver can continue to communicate with dispatch should the regular microphone become unusable.
Horn alert capability enables base station operator to issue a 2-Tone, 5-Tone or DTMF signal remotely to activate the car’s horn to go off as an additional emergency alert to draw attention to the vehicle.
No additional information is available for this product.